The Xplorer EVO fly reels were designed with the idea of reducing the overall weight of the reels to perfectly balance your modern light weight premium fly rod. They come in two different drag systems.
The EVO C- series reels are the lightest reels in their class starting at 89 grams for the C-100. The C-Series uses a clicker drag system with a rear adjustment to increase the drag pressure when needed. The C-100 is ideal for 0-3wt rods and the C-200 perfect for 3-4wt rods.
The EVO D-series has a stacked carbon disc system that produces a smooth and powerful brake system. It micro adjusts from the rear drag knob for a low inertia start up ideal for light tippets. The EVO D-300 is designed for 5/6wt rods.
Both models are CNC machined from aircraft grade aluminium and have a mixed matt silver and matt black hard anodized finish. Their weights are 89gms, 90gms and 144gms respectively and come with a protective neoprene reel pouch.
Xplorer EVO Large Arbor Fly Reel Features:
- CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum.
- Two tone matt black and silver hard anodized protective finish.
- Super light, true arbor design for maximum line retrieval.
- EVO C-001 & C-002 offer a simple rear adjusting clicker drag to prevent over spooling and reduces weight.
- EVO D-003 rear adjusting drag knob smoothly controls the carbon disc drag system.
- Easily converts from left to right hand retrieve.
- Ergonomic designed handle with a built in leader restraint system.
The Xplorer EVO Large Arbor Fly Reel:
|Reel Model||Line Weight||Yards Backing||Reel Weight||Colour|
|C-100||1-3wt||30yds 20lb Dacron||89gms||Silver/Matt Black|
|C-200||3-4wt||50yds 20lb Dacron||90gms||Silver/Matt Black|
|D-300||4-6wt||50yds 20lb Dacron||144gms||Silver/Matt Black|